ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's make cache name not null in ignite 2.0
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 16:46:34 GMT
​Hey,​

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Anyone here is even considering the compatibility impact it will have on
> our users? I am still struggling to find a single reason for how it would
> benefit our user base.

​I've been away for some time. Under what circumstances can you create a
cache with null name?

https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/Ignite.html#cache(java.lang.String)
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/cache/CacheManager.html#getCache(java.lang.String)

They both require a cache name as an argument.

Do you mean that the user could explicitly pass null as an argument, and
that was something that Ignite swallowed without complaining?

Cheers.

---
Raúl Kripalani
linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani | evosent.com
<http://evosent.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apache>

blog: raul.io | skype: raul.fuse