ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Witt"<joew...@apache.org>
Subject Use of cache-api-1.0.0.jar - Isn't this an incompatible license?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:47:00 GMT
Ignite Devs,

In evaluating integration with Apache Ignite we discovered a questionable jar 'cache-api-1.0.0.jar'.
 There are threads which clearly indicate it is known that this library uses a non ASF and
ASLv2 licensing friendly license.  That jar is licensed under here

   https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/master/LICENSE.txt

You even have binary convenience bundles which include it and you point to it here in your
NOTICE file

   https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=assembly/LICENSE_FABRIC;hb=de8684390cb2c5664f4bb8401f4169e930a07e10

There are also threads where it is discussed just how problematic it is both at the JSR level
and by the Ignite community.

   https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333
    http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/ignite-cache-api-licensing-issue-td3306.html

I don't see a JIRA to resolve this in Ignite or in Apache Legal.  So can you help me understand
if I am missing an important detail or exemption?

Thanks
Joe