ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 15:50:47 GMT
Roman, amazing thanks!

You can use any blogging engine you like. After the blog post is ready notify the community
and Prachi will send your material to dzone.com and when it’s accepted there we will public
it on Ignite’s blogging page (https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html <https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>).

As for the format, I would suggest making a quick walk-through guidance including code snippets
and showing how to connect to the cluster from Python or Ruby (whatever you like most) and
work with it. You can do something like I did for PHP
https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for <https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for>

—
Denis

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 4:09 AM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Sure, Denis, I can write about Redis protocol support. Can you please instruct me about
the format and how/where to submit?
> Roman
>

>    On Friday, December 30, 2016 8:11 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Boop! Sorry about that...indeed, I wrote Roman's name in my notes next to "1.8 release
manager?" and clearly combined the two.
> Apologies for alarming you.
> But that is a good hint, Denis <g>
> Cheers,Sally
>

> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]
>

>   On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 17:58, Denis Magda<dmagda@apache.org> wrote:  Sally,
looks like you got confused with this

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
> And thanks in advance, Roman Shtykh, for acting as project spokesperson in your role
as release manager. Participation from the community at-large is greatly appreciated!