ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: [IGNITE-5717] improvements of MemoryPolicy default size
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 09:36:33 GMT
+1

80% of RAM is way too aggressive. With this value virtually every user will
have problems with OOME or excessive swapping during development. I would
set maxMemory to some relatively small value, may be even less that 1Gb to
let Ignite run smoothly on developer's laptops, and print a performance
suggestion to increase it in production.