ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling swap space and Ignite Persistence
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:28:16 GMT
Prachi,

Swap is legacy lightweight version of Ignite Native Persistence. In swap
mode, we fully rely on OS in storing offheap memory into memory-mapped
file. We don't provide durability guarantees in this mode. From my point
of view, after 2.1 release there's no reason to prefer swap mode over
Ignite Native Persistence.
Igniters, please correct me if there are still any actual cases.

Right now we indeed can configure both Ignite Native Persistence and
swapping, but this makes even less sense. Node will just perform extra
job by persisting data twice.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov