ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukya...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: control.bat authentication support
Date Tue, 22 May 2018 10:06:09 GMT
// Bcc’ed user-list and added dev-list

I think that having stubs for the functionality unavailable in Ignite confuses more people.
If someone has extended Ignite’s functionality, as did Oleksandr, that’s great – but
it’s up to them to also develop the necessary tooling.
But I’ll be happy to hear other opinions.

Thanks,
Stan

From: Alexey Kuznetsov
Sent: 22 мая 2018 г. 12:23
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: control.bat authentication support

Stan,

I think that we should add support for authentication in control.sh
One more tool will confuse Ignite users.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 3:53 AM, Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukyanov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Ignite doesn’t provide built-in support for authentication, so the built-in control.bat/sh
also don’t have stubs for that.
So yes, I guess you need to write your own tool.

A tool like that would be pretty simple though – just start a client node, parse command
line arguments and
map them to the methods of the ignite.cluster().

Stan