ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Petroshenko <pa...@petroshenko.com>
Subject Re: Separate binaries for thin clients and drivers
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2018 18:10:41 GMT
Hi Denis,

There are no "binaries" for Node.js and Python that you can download. These
Thin Clients are distributed and installed by a package management system
(npm, pip): which resolves all the dependencies and deploys necessary
components to the appropriate system locations. So instead of downloading a
Node or Python package binary, the package management systems should be
used to properly install it:

Node.js: $ npm install <...>
or
Python: $ pip install <...>

So the proposal is not really applicable to these clients.

Pavel