ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Addressing usability issues with JDK 9-11
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:06:49 GMT
Igniters,

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11189 as the main
task to link particular steps to be done. 'Blocked by' link type is for
mandatory changes, 'relates to' - for desirable.

BTW, examples seem to be running, the only reason they failed was missed
dependencies in standalone-pom. I've added notice into Github MD about it:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/examples#contributing-to-examples

Denis,

I will not be able to hunt/recruit individuals to contribute, so 'driving'
is better to treat as 'contributing'. About your failure at MAC OS, could
you please create a separate issue for this? You can link it with the
umbrella.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

пт, 1 февр. 2019 г. в 22:40, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:

> Dmitry, thanks for driving this.
>
> 1. Startup of a node using both ignite.sh and ignite.bat works for Windows,
> > OpenJDK 10.0.2. Failure from Denis still needs to be checked by MAC OS
> > Users.
>

> That's easy to reproduce - you need a machine with Mac OS Mojave and latest
> Oracle JDK - "java version "11.0.2" 2019-01-15 LTS".
>
> By some reason, the script fails to set JVM_OPT parameters. If I do "export
> JVM_OPT={parameters from the doc}" then everything starts working.
>
> -
> Denis
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 5:53 AM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Igniters,
> >

> > 0. Results of TC Nightly Run All on Java 11 can be found here
> >

> https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=2963881&buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll
> > <
> >
> https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=ignite-11155&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv
> > >

> > 19 suites & 580 tests failed. So we need to do one-by-one research for
> > occurred problems.
> >

> > 1. Startup of a node using both ignite.sh and ignite.bat works for
> Windows,
> > OpenJDK 10.0.2. Failure from Denis still needs to be checked by MAC OS
> > Users.
> >
> > Control.sh https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11153 needs to
> be
> > fixed. I hope Peter I. will pick up it, fix is quite simple.
> >
> > Details about illegal access and its warning can be found here:
> > http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/261#Relaxed-strong-encapsulation
> >

> > 2. Ignition.start warnings:
> >

> > 3. I’ve done some fixes in the
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11140 for examples, and I’m
> > going to validate results once our Release is passing. Today’s build
> failed
> >

> https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=2965908&buildTypeId=Releases_NightlyRelease_RunApacheIgniteNightlyRelease&tab=artifacts&branch_Releases_NightlyRelease=%3Cdefault%3E
> >

> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Dmitriy Pavlov
> >

> > пт, 1 февр. 2019 г. в 00:18, Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org>:
> >
> > > Hi Denis,
> > >
> > > yes, I definitely will close some of these points, I hope Peter I will
> > > help with control.sh fix.
> > >
> > > Point 0. in my plan is to check TeamCity results for Java 11 Run.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I don't have MAC OS so I would appreciate some of MAC
> > users
> > > may double check launch issue. Please note it may be just a warning
> about
> > > illegal-access, even if it is set =permit. After this warning (it is
> > > unavoidable for 1st time), everything should be ok.

> [...]
JAXB
Ignite.

Results