ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Kovalenko <jokse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing NodeFilter functionality with label approach
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 11:04:39 GMT
Ivan,

> And there is also one idea (I am not fan of it but still). Can we use
> some kind of scripting for nodes filtering? In that case node filter
> is represented by script string, e.g. javascript.

I guess it can lead to the same situation as in Java NodeFilter's. We can't
control what happens in a filter in this case.
We can consider regex as an option instead of just labels. It's still
string and can be validated on correctness during node start.
But we still don't have any real examples that require more flexibility
than labels have.