ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to insert data into table after altering the table
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2019 21:03:57 GMT
Hi,

That's a known limitation caused by the fact that Ignite keeps metadata
even after a column is fully dropped. This to be addressed with the next
major release - Ignite 3.0.

As for now,

*When this happens _and you are still in development_, you need to go into
the*
*file system and remove the following directories: `marshaller/`, `db/`,
and `wal/`*
*located in the Ignite working directory (`db` and `wal` might be located
in other*
*places if you have redefined their location).*

*However, if you are _in production_ then instead of changing field types,
add a*
*new field named differently to your object model and remove the old one.
This operation is fully*
*supported. At the same time, the `ALTER TABLE` command can be used to add
new*

*columns or remove existing ones at run time. *

-
Denis