ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Ignite 2.7.6 (Time, Scope, and Release manager)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:07:44 GMT
Hi Apache Ignite Developers,

We seem to be on the same page about 2.8 release, but we’ve started new
practice - minor releases, the first release was 2.7.5. Unfortunately,
there is a couple of issues still not fixed in that release, so I would
like to propose to prepare one more minor release for Apache Ignite.

I propose my candidacy to be release manager once again.

I could (of course with help from Peter Ivanov) do some additional efforts
to complete and improve process doc
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Process

I propose (most optimistic) dates for release stages:

Scope Freeze: August 12, 2019

Code Freeze: August 15, 2019

Voting Date: August 22, 2019

Release Date: August 27, 2019

WDYT?

If nobody minds, I will create branch 2.7.6 based on 2.7.5 and set up in
the TC Bot during the weekend.

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Pavlov