ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Mekhanikov <dmekhani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nabble message wrapping
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 08:36:18 GMT
Denis,

I did some investigation on this and started a Nabble support thread: http://support.nabble.com/Line-wrapping-in-quotes-td7604136.html
It turned out, that Nabble has a little to do with it. It’s the mail list itself.

When you send a plain text message to the dev list either from Nabble or in any other way,
it’s getting wrapped to be 80 characters wide.
HTML messages don’t have this issue. Nabble uses plain text by default.
User list doesn’t wrap quotes though, even if you use plain text format. You can see that
my reply in the following thread is wrapped, but not the quote: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignition-Start-Timeout-if-connection-is-unsuccessful-td29289.html

I see two possibilities of solving this issue:

1. Make Nabble always send messages in HTML format somehow. The issue will still occur for
other mail clients though.
2. Change the ezmlm configuration to match the one of the users list. We need to find a person
who has access to the Apache infra in order to do this.