ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Muzafarov <mmu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.8 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:27:00 GMT
Andrey,

Agree with you. It can affect the user impression.

Can you advise, how can we guarantee in our case when we complete with
current partially merged features that someone will not partially
merge the new one? Should we monitor the master branch commits for
such purpose?

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 20:18, Andrey Gura <agura@apache.org> wrote:

> Maxim,
>
> >> From my point, if some components will not be ready by
> >> previously discussed `scope freeze` date it is absolutely OK to
> >> perform the next (e.g. 2.8.1, 2.8.2) releases.
>
> It is good approach if partial implemented features aren't merged to
> master branch. Unfortunately this is not our case.
>
> I don't see any reasons to force new Apache Ignite release. Time is
> not driver for release. If we want release Ignite periodically we must
> significantly review the process. And most valuable change in this
> process is feature branches that will not block new release by design.

> > > Can you clarify, what exactly is not ready?
> > > Can we track planned changes somehow?
> >
> > We have too many not resolved tickets under IEP-35 label [1]. Also it
> > makes sense to do some usability testing: JMX beans interfaces, system
> > views, etc.
> >

> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20IEP-35
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, Andrey.

> > > Can you clarify, what exactly is not ready?
> > > Can we track planned changes somehow?

Slack chat

ML components.

Year holidays at the