ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Zinoviev <zaleslaw....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ML stable and performance
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:45:28 GMT
I could answer as one of developers of ML module.
Currently is available the ML in version 2.7.5, it supports a lot of
algorithms and could be used in production, but the API is not stable and
will be changed in 2.8

The ML module will be stable since next release 2.8, also we have no
performance report to compare for example with Spark ML
Based on my exploration the performance of in terms of Big O notation is
the same like in Spark ML (real numbers says that Ignite ML is more faster
than Spark ML due to Ignite in-memory nature and so on)

Since 2.8 it will have good integration with TensorFlow, Spark ML, XGBoost
via model inference.

You as a user have no ability to run, for-example scikit-learn or R
packages in distributed mode over Ignite, but you could run the TensorFlow,
using Ignite as a distributed back-end instead of Horovod.

If you have any questions, please let me know