ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Plehanov <plehanov.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thin client: compute support
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2019 19:17:08 GMT
Pavel, in this case, we will mix entities from different layers (transport
layer and request body), it's not very good. The same behavior we can
achieve with generated on client-side task id, but there will be no
inter-layer data intersection and I think it will be easier to implement on
both client and server-side. But we still can't be sure that the task is
successfully started on a server. We won't ever know about topology change,
because topology changed flag will be sent from server to client only with
a response when the task will be completed. Are we accept that?

пн, 25 нояб. 2019 г. в 19:07, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>:

> [...]
> > a server.
> > 3. Client sends a request to the server to start a task, server return id
> > in response. Client periodically asks the server about task status.
> Client
> > can cancel the task by sending new request with operation type "cancel"
> and
> > task id. This case brings some overhead to the communication channel.
> >
> > Personally, I think that the case with 2-ways requests is better, but I'm
> > open to any other ideas.
> >
> > Aleksandr,
> >
> > Filtering logic for OP_CLUSTER_GROUP_GET_NODE_IDS looks overcomplicated.
> Do
> > we need server-side filtering at all? Wouldn't it be better to send basic
> > info (ids, order, flags) for all nodes (there is relatively small amount
> of
> > data) and extended info (attributes) for selected list of nodes? In this
> > case, we can do basic node filtration on client-side (forClients(),
> > forServers(), forNodeIds(), forOthers(), etc).
> >
> > Do you use standard ClusterNode serialization? There are also metrics
> > serialized with ClusterNode, do we need it on thin client? There are
> other
> > interfaces exist to show metrics, I think it's redundant to export
> metrics
> > to thin clients too.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> > пт, 22 нояб. 2019 г. в 20:15, Aleksandr Shapkin <lexwert@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Alex,
> > >

> > > I think you can create a new IEP page and I will fill it with the
> Cluster
> > > API details.
> > >

> > > In short, I’ve introduced several new codes:
> > >

> > > Cluster API is pretty straightforward:
> > >

> > > OP_CLUSTER_IS_ACTIVE = 5000
> > >
> > > OP_CLUSTER_CHANGE_STATE = 5001
> > >
> > > OP_CLUSTER_CHANGE_WAL_STATE = 5002
> > >
> > > OP_CLUSTER_GET_WAL_STATE = 5003
> > >

> > > Cluster group codes:
> > >

> > > OP_CLUSTER_GROUP_GET_NODE_IDS = 5100
> > >
> > > OP_CLUSTER_GROUP_GET_NODE_INFO = 5101
> > >

> > > The underlying implementation is based on the thick client logic.
> > >

> > > For every request, we provide a known topology version and if it has
> > > changed,
> > >
> > > a client updates it firstly and then re-sends the filtering request.
> > >

> > > Alongside the topVer a client sends a serialized nodes projection
> object
> > >
> > > that could be considered as a code to value mapping.
> > >
> > > Consider: [{Code = 1, Value= [“DotNet”, “MyAttribute”}, {Code=2,
> > Value=1}]
> > >
> > > Where “1” stands for Attribute filtering and “2” – serverNodesOnly
> flag.
> > >

> > > As a result of request processing, a server sends nodeId UUIDs and a
> > > current topVer.
> > >

> > > When a client obtains nodeIds, it can perform a NODE_INFO call to get a
> > >
> > > serialized ClusterNode object. In addition there should be a different
> > API
> > >
> > > method for accessing/updating node metrics.

String

> for

> > client
> > > Object