ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lets add measure units for metrics
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2019 13:56:02 GMT
Stephen,

All metrics will be local for node. Cluster wide metric is some
aggregation which could and must be done by special tools not Ignite.

We already have dozen cluster wide but meaningless metrics and a lot
of code for aggregation. It just isn't our job. All cluster wide
metrics will be removed in Apache Ignite 3.0 (or at least most of
them). Most metrics will be rethinked.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM Stephen Darlington
<stephen.darlington@gridgain.com> wrote:

> Another thing that I would like to see in the metrics is the scope: is this metric cluster-wide
or only for this node?

> Like the units of measure, this could be an extra field. Or it could be naming convention?
(Currently many node-specific metrics have “local” in the name, but this is not entirely
consistent.) Either way, I agree that hiding this information in a plain-text field is not
a good idea; it should be possible to determine programatically.