ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Petrov <pmgheap....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Joining node validation failure event.
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2019 15:09:08 GMT
Hi, Andrey.

It doesn't influence on authentication or authorization process. There
is a security requirement that demands to notify some outer security
subsystems in a specific way when joining node validation failed in any
Ignite component (e.g. GridCacheProcessor) not only in
IgniteSecurityProcessor. So PluginProvider#validateNewNode is not
acceptable for me.

Regards,
Mikhail.

On 02.12.2019 16:35, Andrey Gura wrote:
> Mikhail,
>
> I don't understand how node validation on join affects security. But
> it seems that you can use
> PluginProvider#validateNewNode(org.apache.ignite.cluster.ClusterNode,
> java.io.Serializable) method. Does it fit for your needs?
>
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 12:54 PM Mikhail Petrov <pmgheap.sbt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Ivan.
>>

>> Unfortunately, we came to no decision yet. As I mentioned above this
>> event is disabled by default and no node will receive this event without
>> an explicit subscription. In my case, that event is assumed to be used
>> on node locally to share joining node info between security and
>> discovery components. I have no idea how to solve this problem without
>> publishing a new event too. But I'm concerned about the acceptance of
>> that solution. Maybe it can be solved some other way? I will appreciate
>> any suggestion or review PR [1] with event implementation.
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/7057
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Mikhail.
>>
>> On 02.12.2019 10:38, Ivan Pavlukhin wrote:
>>> Mikhail, Andrey,
>>>
>>> Have you come to a common decision here? As for me, it sounds useful
>>> to expose node join failure details somehow. The thing to decide on is
>>> a mechanism to expose it. Unfortunately, immediately have no idea
>>> better than using events.

>>> Was this question answered? I suppose that at least coordinator will
>>> receive the event, will not it?

Tiket [1]