ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Hint for user that baseline topology should be changed in order to trigger rebalance
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2020 14:20:53 GMT
Folks,

Since 2.4, Ignite cluster requires baseline topology in persistent mode.
That means if user wants to scale cluster and add more nodes, data won't be
redistributed among the whole node set until manual call of
IgniteCluster#setBaselineTopology.

Surely this behavior is well-documented, but don't we need to give user a
hint that baseline topology should be managed manually? I think, log
message with something like "Current set of nodes differs from baseline
topology, please call XXX in order to trigger rebalance and redistribute
your data" will make the situation a bit more transparent.

Right now we have only this message

> [2020-01-07T19:36:45,997][INFO
> ][exchange-worker-#39%blue-54.158.100.161%][GridCachePartitionExchangeManager] Skipping
> rebalancing (nothing scheduled) [top=AffinityTopologyVersion [topVer=2,
> minorTopVer=0], force=false, evt=NODE_JOINED, node=57bc10fe-1505-4e8e-9987-
> 52c9c903c6ef]

which doesn't properly explain what's going on.