ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Budnikov <abudni...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite 2.8 documentation
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2020 08:55:09 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have created the docs for the following items so far:

  *     Default Ignite work dir location
    https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/getting-started-28#section-setting-up-work-directory

  *      Baseline auto-adjust feature
    https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology-28#section-baseline-topology-autoadjustment

  *      Cluster (de)activation events documentation
    https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology-28#section-cluster-activationdeactivation-events

  *      Remove SqlQuery documentation
         done

  *      Partition awareness for thin clients
    https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/thin-client-28#section-partition-awareness

    https://apacheignite-cpp.readme.io/docs/thin-client-28#section-partition-awareness

  *      Transactions support in java thin client
    https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/key-value-28#section-client-transactions

  *      KILL QUERY command
    https://dash.readme.io/project/apacheignite-sql/v2.7.6/docs/kill-query

  *      Move rebalance configuration properties to the
    IgniteConfiguration level
    https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-rebalancing-28#section-configuration

  *      Renamed IGNITE schema to SYS
         done

I'll work on the following items today and tomorrow:

  *      JDBC: Support for query cancellation
  *      JDBC: Support for query timeout
  *      suspend/resume for pessimistic transactions
  *      WAL page compression

Nikolay,

How is your progress with the Metrics and System Views documentation?

Artem Budnikov
Technical Writer
gridgain.com

On 03.03.2020 19:06, Maxim Muzafarov wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This is in the `Ignite Core` section, so I think mostly related to
> java functionality and thin client protocol extension [1]. Sorry for
> not being too accurate with this statement
> .
> The same change is mentioned for C++ and .NET sections of the release
> notes (but not for other thin clients).

> On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 17:33, Igor Sapego <isapego@apache.org> wrote:
>> That's right, only C++ and .NET clients have partition awareness
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Igor
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 5:02 PM Artem Budnikov <abudnikov@gridgain.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Looks like the following line from the Ignite 2.8 release notes is a bit
>>> of an overstatement and should be removed:

>>> Java thin client does not support partition awareness. Nodejs and python
>>> thin clients from the distribution package do not have signs of this
>>> feature as well.
>>>
>>> Igor,
>>>
>>> Could you please confirm or deny this?
>>>
>>> -Artem
>>>
>>> Artem Budnikov
>>> Technical Writergridgain.com
>>>
>>> On 03.03.2020 01:47, Denis Magda wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alexey,
>>>
>>> Thanks for updating the documentation. The update process is cumbersome as
>>> of now. What will happen is that we will be replacing the content of the
>>> current pages (pre 2.8 pages) with the content from the 2.8 versions. Once
>>> the text is copied manually, a 2.8 version of the page will be deleted. I
>>> would advise Artem to do that this time and update the wiki page with more
>>> details:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Document
>>>
>>> Also, why should we release this page?
>>> https://dash.readme.io/project/apacheignite/v2.7.6/docs/genetic-algorithms

> [...]
> [...]