ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Taras Ledkov <tled...@gridgain.com>
Subject Introduce the ability for a user to manage binary types [IGNITE-13154]
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:42:34 GMT
Hi,

I propose to introduce ability for a user to manage cluster binary types.
This functionality is useful when user needs to change schema without
cluster restart.

Motivation:
Rid users of manual operations in the folder 'binary_meta' and cluster
restart when they need change schema.

The proposed implementation contains restrictions (see [1]).
So I guess we add  internal API and command for public command line tool
(control.sh)
with mode 'experimental' mode (the property
IGNITE_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_COMMAND must be set).

Please take a look at the ticket / patch.

Any comments / suggestions?

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13154

--
Taras Ledkov