ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incorrect example in Pull Request checklist: comma after ticket name in commit message
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2020 13:38:42 GMT
I've prepared PR [1]

I already tried to discuss commit message format [2] but stumbled upon
some criticism. I still believe that we have to follow only one
standard. It is unrelated with any annoying. It is just normal
practice which also allows avoid of precedents with references to any
concessions (e.g. on code review).

Simple and sole format also makes easier commits log analysis (of
course we already must remember that we have many commits with
different message formats).

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/7894
[2] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Commit-message-format-td46573.html