ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Pavlukhin <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Fix confusing "Used by" on GitHub
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:58:34 GMT
Hi Igniters,

I noticed that we have a confusing "Used by" badge on a GitHub mirror
repository main page [1] (the badge is located in a line with Star and
Fork badges). It reports only a couple of usages while there are much
more. Actually it shows only apache-ignite-client NPM package usages.
As I understood it happens because only an NPM package config file
refers a GitHub repository URL while e.g. maven modules refer to an
ASF repository (GitBox) (see an <scm> section in parent/pom.xml).

IMHO a confusing usages number is a problem and it worth resolving. I
see following options:
1. Use an ASF repository URL in the NPM package config file.
2. Use the GitHub repository URL for maven packages.

While with the first option we will see no "Used by", I tend to think
that it is a better option. And what do you think?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite

--

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin