ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Orlov <kor...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: please advise. I'm not sure why TeamCity build fails
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2020 12:37:09 GMT
Hi Aleksey!

Apache Ignite is pretty complex thing with huge amount of different tests in several languages.
So some of them will fail time to time and it considered normal (at least right now).
To verify your PR you could take an advantage of Apache Ignite Teamcity Bot [1]. It will check
result of RunAll (<— it’s a TeamCity RunAll task [2]) of your changes agains result
of master and build a report. The most interest part of this report is a "Possible blockers"
section. There will be tests that pass on master branch and fail with your changes. All those
blockers require investigation and almost often has to be fixed (however, it is possible that
these tests were failed in master branch too, so it's a good idea to check it first).

So the possible steps to verify your changes is following:
1) push the changes and create PR
2) go to the Apache Ignite Teamcity Bot [1] page and press the "Inspect contribution" button.
3) select the "apache" tab if it is not selected
4) find your PR by it's number and hit the "More" button and then hit the "Trigger build"
button
5) now you have to wait until TC build is finished
6) finally the "Show pull/XXXX/head report" button will appear

Some information about Apache Ignite Teamcity Bot you could find here [3]. It obsolete a little
but still may be useful.

[1] https://mtcga.gridgain.com <https://mtcga.gridgain.com/>
[2] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll?mode=builds#all-projects
<https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll?mode=builds#all-projects>
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+Teamcity+Bot <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+Teamcity+Bot>

--
Regards,
Konstantin Orlov

> On 31 Jul 2020, at 14:43, Aleksey Kurinov <aleksey.v.kurinov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> Please help me to understand the TeamCity test failing problem.
> I created a pull request and TeanCity failed.
> As part of the problem investigation I've created a new pull request with minor code
change to check how TeamCity would test this minor change. I've just added a comment line.

> Team city test has failed again and I'm not sure why it happens.
> pull request is https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/8105 <https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/8105>

> https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunBasicTests/5502960?buildTab=overview
<https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunBasicTests/5502960?buildTab=overview>

> errors are following:
> #9445:
> Unexpected error during build messages processing in TeamCity
>   Unexpected error occurred during build message processing in TeamCity, please contact
your system administrator
>   Intermediate data was not removed and can be found at /opt/buildagent/temp/buildTmp/inspection689365797700297143result
>
> #24031
> Test(s) failed. System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException : The given key was not
present in the cache: 0
> at Apache.Ignite.Core.Impl.Cache.CacheImpl`2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<Get>b__2f(IBinaryStream
stream, Int64 res) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bc1c54bc719b67c\modules\platforms\dotnet\Apache.Ignite.Core\Impl\Cache\CacheImpl.cs:line
549