ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Kalashnikov <kaa....@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Complete Discontinuation of IGFS and Hadoop Accelerator
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2020 16:02:09 GMT
Sorry, I was mistaken, we can not leave these methods because at least FileSystemConfiguration
and HadoopConfiguration require corresponded classes that were deleted. So I think we should
just remove it right now.

--
Best regards,
Anton Kalashnikov

22.07.2020, 18:56, "Anton Kalashnikov" <kaa.dev@yandex.ru>:
> Hi,
>
> All of these methods are from IgniteConfiguration:
> Hadoop configuration:
> - HadoopConfiguration getHadoopConfiguration()
> - IgniteConfiguration setHadoopConfiguration(HadoopConfiguration hadoopCfg)
>
> IGFS (Ignite In-Memory File System) configurations:
> - FileSystemConfiguration[] getFileSystemConfiguration
> - IgniteConfiguration setFileSystemConfiguration(FileSystemConfiguration... igfsCfg)
>
> thread pool size that will be used to process outgoing IGFS messages:
> - IgniteConfiguration setIgfsThreadPoolSize(int poolSize)
> - int getIgfsThreadPoolSize()
>
> Of course, I can leave these methods intact but they will be doing nothing so API formally
wouldn't be changed but, in fact, features would be removed. Does it make sense? I don't think
so and in my opinion, perhaps it is ok to remove these methods right now if we are ready to
remove these features right now. (but again, if there are some concerns about it, I can easily
to leave these methods with empty implementation)

> [...]
>>>
>>>   > I don't think it's required to wait until Ignite 3.0 to make this happen.
>>>   > If I'm not mistaken, we stopped releasing Hadoop binaries and sources
>>>   > long time ago (at least you can't longer find them on the downloads
>>>   page).
>>>   > Also, we removed all the mentioning from the documentation and website.
>>>   > Nobody complained or requested for a maintenance release since that
time.
>>>   > Thus, I would remove the integration in 2.9. If anybody shows up later
>>>   then
>>>   > they can use the sources in the 2.8 branch and do whatever they want.
>>>   >
>>>   > -
>>>   > Denis
>>>   >
>>>   >
>>>   > On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 3:52 AM Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>
>>>   > wrote:
>>>   >
>>>   > > We are breaking backwards compatibility,
>>>   > > so this can be only done for Ignite 3.0, am I right?
>>>   > >
>>>   > > On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 1:46 PM Anton Kalashnikov <kaa.dev@yandex.ru>
>>>   > > wrote:
>>>   > >
>>>   > > > Hi everyone,
>>>   > > >
>>>   > > > The task of removal IGFS and Hadoop accelerator is ready to
review.(
>>>   > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11942)
>>>   > > > I've already asked some guys to take a look at it but if somebody
>>>   > > familiar
>>>   > > > with this part of code, feel free to take a look at the changes
>>>   > > > too(especially scripts changes).
>>>   > > >
>>>   > > > I also think it is good to decide which release it should
be planned
>>>   > on.
>>>   > > > This task planned for 2.9 right now but I should notice that
first of
>>>   > all
>>>   > > > there are a lot of changes and secondly there are some changes
in
>>>   > public
>>>   > > > API(removed some methods from configuration). So maybe it
makes sense
>>>   > > > move this ticket to the next release. What do you think?
>>>   > > >
>>>   > > > --
>>>   > > > Best regards,
>>>   > > > Anton Kalashnikov
>>>   > > >
>>>   > > >
>>>   > > > 10.02.2020, 15:45, "Alexey Zinoviev" <zaleslaw.sin@gmail.com>:
>>>   > > > > Thank you so you much! Will wait:)
>>>   > > > >
>>>   > > > > пн, 10 февр. 2020 г. в 15:13, Alexey Goncharuk
<
>>>   > > > alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com>:
>>>   > > > >
>>>   > > > >> Got it, then no need to rush, let's wait for the
TF-IGFS
>>>   > decoupling.
>>>   > > > >>
>>>   > > > >> пн, 10 февр. 2020 г. в 13:15, Alexey Zinoviev
<
>>>   > > zaleslaw.sin@gmail.com
>>>   > > > >:
>>>   > > > >>
>>>   > > > >> > Tensorflow integration uses IGFS, if you have
any idea how to
>>>   > store
>>>   > > > files
>>>   > > > >> > in memory by another way, please suggest something.
>>>   > > > >> > I hope to decouple Ignite-TF integration to
the separate
>>>   > repository
>>>   > > > >> before
>>>   > > > >> > release 2.9 with its own file system over Ignite
Caches
>>>   > > > >> >
>>>   > > > >> > пн, 10 февр. 2020 г. в 12:49, Ivan Pavlukhin
<
>>>   > vololo100@gmail.com
>>>   > > >:
>>>   > > > >> >
>>>   > > > >> > > Is not it blocked by
>>>   > > > >> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10292
as stated
>>>   > in
>>>   > > > JIRA?
>>>   > > > >> > >
>>>   > > > >> > > @Alex Zinoviev could you please shed some
light on this?
>>>   > > > >> > >
>>>   > > > >> > > Best regards,
>>>   > > > >> > > Ivan Pavlukhin
>>>   > > > >> > >
>>>   > > > >> > > пн, 10 февр. 2020 г. в 12:46, Anton
Kalashnikov <
>>>   > > kaa.dev@yandex.ru
>>>   > > > >:
>>>   > > > >> > >
>>>   > > > >> > > >
>>>   > > > >> > > > I found the correct ticket for such
activity -
<kaa.dev@yandex.ru
-
>>>   > > > >> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12647.
And if
>>>   we
>>>   > > are
>>>   > > > >> still
>>>   > > > >> > > in consensus I'll do it at the nearest
time(I've already had
>>>   > the
>>>   > > > >> prepared
>>>   > > > >> > > code).
>>>   > > > >> > > > >
>>>   > > > >> > > > > --
>>>   > > > >> > > > > Best regards,
>>>   > > > >> > > > > Anton Kalashnikov
>>>   > > > >> > > > >
>>>   > > > >> > > > > 10.02.2020, 12:07, "Alexey Goncharuk"
<
>>>   > > > alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com
>>>   > > > >> > > > >> I think there is a consensus
here, but we did not remove
>>>   > > IGFS
>>>   > > > >> > > neither in
>>>   > > > >> > > > >> 2.7 nor in 2.8, did we? Should
we schedule a