ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Вячеслав Коптилин <slava.kopti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle fails Build Apache Ignite - can we split it?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2020 08:01:51 GMT
Hello Nikolay,

> Because any code style violations should be fixed before the merge.
> Therefore after the fix, you must rerun TC.
> This means that running heavy suites when code style is violated is a
waste of the resources.
This makes sense, however, to be honest, I don't see that our team city
servers are really busy.

> Why do you want to violate code style rules in your PR?
Please take a look at the original e-mail from Ilya:
    > This means that I have completely lost an option to run tests against
pull
    > requests by new contributors - they usually compile but will not pass
    > Checkstyle. That's a blocker.

This issue has also been discussed here:
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-Separate-code-sanity-check-and-build-task-td47003.html

Thanks,
Slava.