ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Nikolay Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Output IgniteSystemProperties via ignite.sh
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2020 14:17:37 GMT
> what’s the logic?

I assume that this is a question to the author of these flags.
If you have a specific flag you are interested in, please, write it.

My point is simple - we already have these flags.

We should explain to the user what we have and what can be configured with these flags.

There is no flag added or removed in this change.
Just makes it more clear to the users.

> 7 сент. 2020 г., в 17:12, Stephen Darlington <stephen.darlington@gridgain.com>
написал(а):

> But to Ilya’s point, what’s the logic? Why are some things set using IGNITE_ properties,
others on the command line and others in IgniteConfiguration? It’s confusing for the user
and makes maintenance harder.

> I’m not necessarily arguing against this change, though. Perfect being the enemy of
good and all that.

>> On 7 Sep 2020, at 13:02, Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, Ilya.
>>
>>> I think this is a bad idea since it legitimizes wide use of IGNITE_ properties,
which shows weakness of our configuration API, etc.