ignite-dev mailing list archives

From 18624049226 <18624049...@163.com>
Subject Re: New Ignite Docs: Status and Incomplete Items
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2020 06:02:46 GMT
Hi Denis,

There are several suggestions for improvement:

1.The right most scroll bar should only affect the body part of the
document, but now scrolling the right scroll bar, the left menu and the
right TOC are affected, so the user experience is not good;

2.CodeBlock(tabs) components should have a background color or border
line (see the original readme.io),Otherwise, it is easy to be confused
with the document body.

3.Most of the time, the menu on the left side cannot be linked with the
document body normally. When a document is displayed, the menu item on
the left side should be expanded and selected. But now the logic seems
confused, especially when the current page is jumping from external links.

在 2020/10/3 上午11:43, Denis Magda 写道:
> [...]
> Denis
>

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 8:05 PM 18624049226 <18624049226@163.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> I have roughly compared the new document with the original document. The
>> corresponding page in the list below shows that the new version of the
>> document is missing or incomplete, please confirm it again.
>> I didn't check every paragraph of the new document, so this is just a hint.
>>
>> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/installation/deb-rpm
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/installation/deb-rpm
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/mesos-deployment
>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/yarn-deployment
>
> Those are legacy installation options. We agreed not to bring them to the
> new docs.
>
>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/generic-configuration
>
> That generic K8 configuration was referenced from cloud-specific pages.
> Now, the whole installation process is adopted for every cloud environment
> so that the reader doesn't
> need to jump back and forth between the generic and cloud-specific K8 pages.
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-defragmentation
>
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/memory-architecture#memory-defragmentation
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-locks
>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/messaging
>
> These two were missed, I'll add them to the new docs.
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/perfomance-benchmarking
>
> Same, I'll add it.
>

>> https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/amazon-aws
>
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/clustering/discovery-in-the-cloud
>

>> https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/web-session-clustering
>
> The page is outdated. There are many blog posts and articles on the topic
> on the Internet. We deliberately skipped it.
>

>> https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/installation-in-apache-karaf
>
> The module is not maintained and there are no signs that anybody uses it.
> No plans to port.
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ignite-life-cycle
>
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/starting-nodes#node-lifecycle-events
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/thread-pools
>
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/perf-and-troubleshooting/thread-pools-tuning
>

>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/async-support
>
> This page seems redundant. It should be enough to open JavaDocs and see
> sync and async versions of the APIs.
>
> --
> Denis
>

>> 在 2020/10/3 上午4:44, Denis Magda 写道:
>>> Thanks Pavel! Merged.
>>>
>>> Alright, guys, we've finished with the porting of all useful pages to the
>>> new docs engine as well as documented all the primate Ignite 2.9
>>> enhancements.
>>>
>>> On Monday (Oct 5ht), I'll do some final tweaks and start integrating the
>>> feature branch into the master.* Refrain from doing any documentation
>>> changes or sending pull-requests until further notice.*

those?

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0+Wishlist

Are you saying

... Are you going to