ignite-dev mailing list archives

From mnk <moti.nisen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Affinity Functions proposed for removal?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2020 14:27:40 GMT
For our case, we have a stateful instance associated with each user session,
that actually handles user requests. That stateful instance is usually
long-lived. In this case, we want the data for that instance to be stored on
other nodes - at the dispatch stage, we choose a node to host the session
such that it isn't in the primary or backup nodes for the selected
partition. In the case we lose that node, we can always recover our state on
a new node from the data stored.

Short-lived case is less interesting... in this case we dispatch to the
primary node and thus there is affinity for doing the replay.

Due to limitations in how cache groups work (whereby new caches still result
in PME), we have our own implementation there for storing logically
separated data in the same cache - we then have a garbage cleanup phase
which can evaluate expired/terminated sessions and clean out the cache. That
process is all done locally - in other words, a primary node is able to
determine which sessions need cleaning and clean out the data all locally.