ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Petrov <pmgheap....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite extensions - ignite-spring-data release.
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2020 11:02:11 GMT
Petr,

The purpose of the spring-data-commons modules is to store the general
classes needed by spring-data extensions to avoid redundant code
duplication between different version of Spring Data integration. I
don't think it can be reused outside the "extensions" scope. Why can't
it be placed in the ignite-extensions repository?

Alexey,

I don't mind if all extensions are released. I proposed to release
spring-data modules in the first place because Spring Data thin client
support is not included in any Ignite release and is crucial for some users.

Regards,
Mikhail

On 19.11.2020 12:31, Petr Ivanov wrote:
> If it is not an extensions, so why do we put it to ignite-extensions repository?
>
> Do we need additional separate ignite-utilities repository for modules like spring-data-commons?
>

>> On 19 Nov 2020, at 12:08, Mikhail Petrov <pmgheap.sbt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Saikat,
>>
>> spring-data-commons is a utility Ignite module that does not provide integration
with anything and is only needed to store Spring Data version-independent classes for "spring-data"
modules.
>> So, spring-data-commons is not an "extension".
>>
>> Should we rename it in this case?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mikhail
>>

>> On 19.11.2020 10:55, Petr Ivanov wrote:
>>> No 11 separate votes, but 11 separate tags is all I am proposing :)

In separate

- [1].