ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ignite 3.0 development approach
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:31:09 GMT
Good,

I think we have an intermediate agreement on the scope and significance of
the changes we want to make. I suggest creating separate discussion streams
and calls for each of the suggested topics so that:

   - It is clear for the community what is the motivation of the stream
   (this includes both functional targets and technical debt issues pointed
   out by Sergey)
   - Who is planning to take an active part in each of the streams (i.e.
   the 'design committee', as Sergey suggested)
   - What are the intermediate and final goals for each of the streams
   - What are the cross-stream interactions and how we integrate them
   - How each of the streams will be integrated with the current codebase
   based on the above (here is where we will see whether drop-in or
   incremental approaches make more sense)