ignite-dev mailing list archives

From frank li <frankli22...@gmail.com>
Subject delete is too slow, sometimes even causes OOM
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2020 09:21:08 GMT
Current code logic for DELETE is as follows:
if WHERE clause contains a condition as "key=xxx", it uses fastUpdate which remove the related
item directly.

else
    do select for update;
    for each row, call closure code "RMV" to remove it.

1. As "executeSelectForDml" get _KEY and _VAL columns for all condidate rows, it often causes
OOM when there are a lot of data  to delete. Why do we verify "val" during remove operation?

2. After selection,  why don't we just remove it with cache.remove as fastUpdate does?