ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Codes
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2021 20:18:37 GMT
Hello!

I don't think there's a direct link between an exception thrown in depths
of Ignite code, and specific error which may be reported to user.

A notorious example is CorruptedTreeException which is known to be thrown
due to incorrect field type in binary object or bad SQL cast. So we could
document it "If you get IGN13 error this means your persistence is
corrupted beyond repair. This, or you have a typo in your SQL." - of course
it will not help anyone.

This means we can't get to the desired result by application of 1.

There's got to be a different plan. First of all, we need to decide what's
our target. Is it log, or is it API?

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev