ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IEP-66: Thin Client Automatic Binary Configuration
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2021 08:49:39 GMT
Alex,

This is a very good point, thank you for the heads up.

The proposal does not include changing any existing behavior,
we simply add an operation to the protocol, so there is
no compatibility risk from the server-side changes alone.

However, it looks like only .NET thin client can make use
of the compactFooter flag, since it is true by default there,
and changing from true to false is safe.

Additionally, we can't use the nameMapper value even in .NET,
since it changes the default behavior and potentially breaks
compatibility on existing clusters. All we can do is log a warning.

I've updated the proposal accordingly.