ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Petrov <pmgheap....@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics naming formalization.
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2021 10:25:37 GMT
Hello, Igniters.

I faced the following problem with the metrics - JmxMetricExporter fails
to export discovery metrics (ticket - [1]).

The main reason: JMX exporter assumes that each metric name must start
with the name of the registry it belongs to, but discovery metrics do
not obey this naming convection.

I propose to formalize the names of the metrics included in the metrics
registry so that they always start with the name of the register. And
add corresponding assertions (ticket - [2]).
It helps to make the metric naming consistent and fixes the mentioned
above issue.

The following metric names are proposed to be changed:

JoinedNodes -> io.discovery.JoinedNodes
LeftNodes -> io.discovery.LeftNodes
FailedNodes -> io.discovery.FailedNodes
PendingMessagesRegistered -> io.discovery.PendingMessagesRegistered
CommunicationErrors -> io.discovery.CommunicationErrors
CurrentTopologyVersion -> io.discovery.CurrentTopologyVersion

Any objections?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14376
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14428