ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Taras Ledkov <tled...@gridgain.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Common approach to print sensitive information
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:45:13 GMT
Hi,

I work on ticket IGNITE-14441 [1] to hide sensitive information at the
log messages produced by SQL.
There are negative comments for the patch.

I guess we have to produce view to work with sensitive information and
make rules to define sensitive information.

See on the usage of the GridToStringBuilder#includeSensitive. Class
names and  field names now are considered sensitive.
My train of thought is this: SQL query and query plan contain table name
(similar to class name) and field name.
So, the query and plan are completely sensitive.

Lets define sensitive info and work with it for Ignite.

Someone proposes introduce one more Ignite property for print SQL
sensitive info.
I think this leads to complication.

Introduce levels of the sensitivity make sense but all similar
information must be handled with the same rules.

Igniters, WDYT?

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14441

--
Taras Ledkov