ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Common approach to print sensitive information
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2021 11:03:53 GMT
Hello!

I have two ideas here:

- Let's have more than a single level of sensitive information withholding.
Currently it is on/off, but I think we may need three levels: "print all",
"print structure but not content", "print none".
By structure I mean table/column/field names and data types. So we can
print SQL statements in their EXPLAIN form to log, but do not print any
query arguments or values, substituting them with '?'. We can also print
class and field names in various places.
- If we have a default different from "print all", we should add a
developer warning about it, such as
[WARN ] Sensitive information will not be written to log by default.
Consider *doing things* to enable developer mode.

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev