jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "David Vismans" <dav...@chello.nl>
Subject RE: Newbie: pulling my hair out with remote cache
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:56:06 GMT
> You have the remote server configured to invalidate items on
> other local caches when something is put into the originating
> local cache.  When an item is put in C1 it tells CS, CS then
> tells all other registered caches, in this case C2, to remove
> the item.  The setting is in this line.  If you don't want
> this behavior, then set this to false.
>
>  jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
>
> Having this set to true is recommended for situations where
> the data on a particular machine may be somewhat user
> specific.  There are some case, like this, where you don't
> want the items stored in memory to be the same on all machines.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aaron

Thank you for the quick reply.

I know about this parameter, and eventhough it is set to true now I've
tried it with both settings.

The thing is CS does also not message C2 to invalidate the item. C2,
pulls the old version of the same key out of local memory eventhough C1
has updated locally and propagated its new value to CS. CS simply
doesn't talk to C2. When I start C2 up it does however register it
listener with CS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

David

Below are my config files again and my original description of the
problem.

C1:
# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
jcs.region.Tasks=DC,RFailover
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
ributes
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
es
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

jcs.system.groupIdCache=jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apac
he.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# Remote RMI Cache set up to failover
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
ry
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
eCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemotePort=2099
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.LocalPort=2103
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:2099
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteTypeName=REMOTE

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/diskcachelocal
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=1000

------------------
C2:

[...]

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.LocalPort=2102
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:2099
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteTypeName=REMOTE
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteServiceName=RemoteCache

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/updateclient1
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=1000

--------------
CS:
registry.host=localhost
registry.port=2099
remote.cache.service.port=2099
remote.tomcat.on=false remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true

jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementA
ttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
jcs.region.Tasks=DC
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
ributes
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
es
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/diskcacheremote/
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
es
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes.IsLateral=false