jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "K.Anand Kumar" <post2an...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need your Help in JCS
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:50:57 GMT
Hi,
   Thanks for your quick response.
   I have checked the javadoc link http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/apidocs/index.html,
but there is no straight link to download the complete doc to my system. is there any way
to do that.
   And checked the http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/index.html for the sample codes 2
days back. But expecting some more detailed explanation.

   And my need is ::: I will be getting some kind of input from a program, which requires
the DB hit (say nearly for 20 tables, out of which 15 for fetching datas and around 5 for
insert/ update of datas). and the problem that i face is, if the 1000 input is feeded, then
the db hits will increase which reduces the performance of the output (delay time in output).
Thts the reason, i want to go for cache to hold the info in memory instead of fetching from
DB

    As you suggested , I am also now looking into http://db.apache.org/ojb/ to learn about
this. Could u suggest me some more views to tackle this.

Regards
K.Anand Kumar

Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net> wrote:
K.Anand Kumar dijo:
> Dear JCS Developers,
> I am very much new to this JCS. And I would like to implement this
> in my web project. I have downloded the relavant jar files for
> building the application.
> Actually i want to go for this JCS to avoid the DB hits which i am
> presently doing in my application, which in turn affets the
> performance.

Perhaps you need to see OJB:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/

OJB includes cache mechanism that avoid DB hits. It can work with JCS.

> Could you anyone pls send me the link of where to get the javadoc
> for using JCS in my web application. Also it would be helpful for
> me, if you send some useful tips and example codes to check the
> implementation.

Visit the JCS website: http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/index.html
Also check the samples inside the sources.

Javadocs link:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/apidocs/index.html

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo