jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Hanson Char <hanson_c...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need your Help in JCS
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:11:03 GMT
As a digression, arguably the most popular O/R mapping tool nowadays is http://www.hibernate.org,
which is also closely related to the up coming EJB3.

Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net> wrote:
K.Anand Kumar dijo:
> Dear JCS Developers,
> I am very much new to this JCS. And I would like to implement this
> in my web project. I have downloded the relavant jar files for
> building the application.
> Actually i want to go for this JCS to avoid the DB hits which i am
> presently doing in my application, which in turn affets the
> performance.

Perhaps you need to see OJB:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/

OJB includes cache mechanism that avoid DB hits. It can work with JCS.

> Could you anyone pls send me the link of where to get the javadoc
> for using JCS in my web application. Also it would be helpful for
> me, if you send some useful tips and example codes to check the
> implementation.

Visit the JCS website: http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/index.html
Also check the samples inside the sources.

Javadocs link:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/apidocs/index.html

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo