jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: ReOrg of the Turbine CVS repositories]
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:25:16 GMT

Joined the list.

First off, honesty. I've not organized a promotion to subproject status
yet, so bear with me if I screw up.

Looking back to Hivemind promotion, Howard began with a proposal:

Geir (PMC Chair at the time) then initiated a vote:

(This seems to match the online info:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html )

So looks like step 1 is to come up with a proposal, then post it to the
general list. I'd appreciate it if you could note early on in it, that
this is a proposal and the chair will initiate a vote at a later date (else
these things usually gets messy).

I agree that a release after promotion would make the most sense. Do you
have dev and user lists currently? If so, rather than asking for new lists
I suspect it would be better to ask for changed lists (no idea if Noel et
al can do this, but it'll state the requirement better).

Hen