jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Translation
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:06:55 GMT
Hello,
Pootle project has been created.

I started looking at process, here is what I understood:

   1. We first need to transform properties files of each language into a
   PO file referencing default language (en) properties file, command is:
   1. Suppose I have these folders:
         1. /data/jmeter/translation/reference/ : Reference folder
         containing default properties (messages.properties and all TestBean
         resources)
         2. /data/jmeter/translation/fr/ : Containing resources in french
         3. /data/jmeter/translation/fr-po/ : will contain PO result files
         that will be uploaded
         2. You execute:
         1. prop2po -t
         /data/jmeter/translation/reference/AccessLogSamplerResources.properties
         /data/jmeter/translation/fr/AccessLogSamplerResources_fr.properties
         /data/jmeter/translation/fr-po/
      3. This generates in /data/jmeter/translation/fr-po/ a PO file that I
      upload
   2. People can then connect on
   https://translate.apache.org/projects/JMeter/ and can translate keys
   3. Then we get PO files and generated properties files

To automate some task, I think we need to create some Helper class that
will extract resources of a Language in a folder and run prop2po command,
do we create a Bugzilla for this ?

I made some tests on french language and it seems to be OK.

I stopped working on that for now, tell me if anybody wants to be register
and have more rigths than default which has:

   - Can download archive of translation project
   - Can review translations
   - Can make a suggestion for a translation
   - Can view a translation project

Regards

Philippe

--