jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Gero Vermaas <gverm...@xebia.com>
Subject How to create new Listener and use it from JMeter
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:29:56 GMT
Hi,

I want to extend JMeter such that I can catch the SampleResults and write
them to a file (in a slightly different format than done by the standard
elements). For that I implemented the SampleListener interface, created a
jar and dropped the jar in the lib/ext directory. However, the question now
is how do I include/register/... this new Listener in my testplan such that
the results can be written?

It has to be run in command line mode so, creating a GUI component to catch
the listener events is not really an option.

http://www.jajakarta.org/jmeter/1.7/en/extending/index.html#listener does
not have the complete instructions and I could not find a working example
 so far.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Gero