jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Blaine Morgan <nbmor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can a class derived from AbstractVisualizer receive notifications from a ResultCollector
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:01:34 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:14 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 March 2012 06:26, Blaine Morgan <nbmorgan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am new to this list, and I am building a stats plugin that will expose
> > the it's per-sampler (group by SampleLabel) stats via JMX.  I have it
> > working as a Visualizer derived from(StatVisualizer), so you can see the
> > stats in a table as well as retrieve them from JMX.  But alas this does
> not
> > work in headless mode.  So, need to add a ResultColletor.  This results
> in
> > the following question:
> >
> > Can a class derived from AbstractVisualizer that creates a TestElement
> > derived from ResultCollector (that is building statistics) be notified
> when
> > the ResultCollector updates the stats?
> >
> > Or do I need to clone the stats engine in both classes and do double the
> > work as each will have to process add(SampleResult res) or
> > sampleOccurred(SampleEvent se) respectively.
>
> Note that JMeter deliberately does not create visualisers when running
> in non-GUI mode.
> Visualisers should only be used for display purposes.
>
> Have a look at ResultSaver.java

Yes, I have figured that much out.  I want to calculate the stats
regardless of GUI/non-GUI and expose them via JMX.  If I have the add the
following to my visualizer:

@Override
    public TestElement createTestElement() {
        TestElement te = new StatIIJmxReporter();
        this.
        modifyTestElement(te);
        //te.setComment(JMeterPluginsUtils.getWikiLinkText(WIKIPAGE));
        te.setComment("Wiki Page goes here");
        return te;
    }

The StatIIJmxReporter runs in  GUI or non-GUI.  I would like to visualize
the same stats in a table but only in gui mode.  Right now it looks as if I
would have to do the calculations twice: once for the reporter and once for
the visualizer.  This "feels" wrong to me.

Blaine