jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Carriere <etienne.carri...@gmail.com>
Subject Proxy HTTP
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:52:18 GMT
Hi,

I am currently creating a test plan for an HR software which is a web
application with an Java Applet. The Java Applet discuss with the
server through POST request with a POST body containing binary
content. This binary content is a Java serialized Object. I created a
specific Sampler "Java Serialized sampler" which includes the xstream
version of the serialized object (The GUI is based on "SOAP/XML-RPC
Request).
I have 2 points linked to this sampler :
1) Are you interested by such Sampler to be integrated upstream ?
2) In order to generate those samplers through the proxy, I have some
questions about org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy  . In the
run method, we have

 SamplerCreator samplerCreator = factory.getSamplerCreator(request,
pageEncodings, formEncodings);
 sampler = samplerCreator.createSampler(request, pageEncodings, formEncodings);
 samplerCreator.populateSampler(sampler, request, pageEncodings, formEncodings);

I have some issues due to the fact that we split the "create" and the
"populate" step. I have to do a large analysis of the request
(Content-type, parsing the body) to choose the type of sampler. We can
have the same reflexion for all "non Pure HTTP" sampler (for example,
the SOAP/XML-RPC).

I would like to discuss about how to implement it properly such that
it could be integrated upstream .

I see different methods
1) Create a specific Sampler Creator (it can be done if we can do a
partition of the  "Content type") that will have a "complete"
createSampler and a "empty" populateSampler
2) Change the contract of the SamplerCreator interface. It seems that
the only call of createSampler and populateSampler are in this class .

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Best Regards,

Etienne Carrière