jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving dist to svnpubsub
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:37:21 GMT
By next year we need to start publishing releases using svnpubsub.

This involves uploading release candidates to the staging area

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/

When a vote succeeds, the files can be renamed to the live area here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/jmeter/

Files added to the dist/release area are automatically published to
the ASF mirror system.

Note: Maven files will still be published using Nexus.

I've set up the jmeter directories, and have asked infra [1] for
commit messages to be sent to commits@

I'm also working on updating build.xml to automate the process
(similarly to maven_upload).
There will be some new targets:
- upload archives, sigs and hashes for a specific release to the staging area.
- move files from staging to release area (if vote succeeds)
- delete files from staging area (if vote fails)

The idea is to use the command-line utility "svnmucc" which allows
multiple operations to be done as a single commit transaction.
This has the advantage that all the files appear in the same commit
message; also it should not be possible to forget to upload a sig or
hash.
It also has a "put" function which is ideal for uploading new files -
no need to create a local workspace first.

I've got a basic upload working using the JMeter test area [2]. (You
may have noticed some recent commits of sigs and hashes).

At present the file names are generated by scanning the dist/ area.
That relies on exactly the correct files being present, so I am
considering using a preset list of files, and reporting any
discrepancies (additions as well as omissions)

At some point we will need to move the site to svnpubsub as well, but
that is for a separate thread at a later date.

[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/test/