jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.9 RC3
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 01:51:48 GMT
On 27 January 2013 22:13, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2013 21:55, sebb a ecrit :
>
>> On 27 January 2013 21:10, Philippe Mouawad<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello sebb,
>>> Is it possible to have these updated before the release announcement ?
>>
>> Yes, if the announce is held back until after the site has been updated
>

> To do this, I suppose, I must change the svnmucc script (updatesite.txt)?
> ====
> rm
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>
> cp
> HEAD
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-2.9/docs
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
> ====
>
> by
> ====
> rm
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>
> cp
> HEAD
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/trunk/docs
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
> ====

No, we don't copy site from trunk

Normally bugs are found in the docs some while after release, by which
time trunk docs has moved on, possibly incompatibly.

So the idea was that branches/docs-m.n/docs should be copied from
trunk at release, and then changes for the website get made to the
branches copy (and to trunk if appropriate).

Also, Javadoc is only present in branches.

> Wait 1 or 2 hours to sync?

Should be a few seconds.

> And send email announcement?

Yes.