jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange Behaviour with JavaImpl & Load Balancer
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:17:55 GMT
Hello,
I noticed a strange behaviour when Load Testing an application recently.

There was a Load Balancer in the middle:

   - Using Java Implementation I had around 8% of error
   - Using HC3 or HC4 Implementations it was 0%

I am sure it comes from Load Balancing as if it pointed on only one Apache
then there was no issue.

Now playing around with some Java System properties, I discovered that
setting  *-Dhttp.keepAlive=false* fixed the error issue:

-
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-keepalive.html

Another way to fix this was to  uncheck KeepAlive checkbox in samplers.

Now my question is:

   - Is this regular ? It seems strange to me that HC31 and HC4 impl do not
   have this behaviour
   - If yes, we should absolutely document this behaviour no ?
   - Could it be a JDK 7 bug ?java version "1.7.0_13"

Note that tested application was not perfect as it had many Content
Encoding behaviour and other non fully standard issues.

Thanks for you notes.
Regards
Philippe