jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Fremont <matthew.frem...@gmail.com>
Subject LoopController, LoopIterationListener, and CSVDataSet
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 17:33:38 GMT
I am struggling to construct a test plan which has LoopControllers below
the ThreadGroup for which I'd like to obtain new values for variables
populated from a CSV file:

CSVDataSet { shareMode: "all threads" }
Thread Group { loopCount: ${n} }
  -> Loop Controller { name: "Inner Loop", loopCount: ${m} }
    -> HTTPSampler # request URL parameterized with variables from
CSVDataSet

I'd like the HTTPSampler to obtain a new value for the variables from
CSVDataSet for each iteration of "Inner Loop".

What I've observed from stepping through code in the debugger and using
DebugSamplers is that the LoopIterationEvent will only be received by
CSVDataSet on each iteration of the outer loop controlled by the
ThreadGroup. No LoopIterationEvent will be received by the CSVDataSet for
the iterations of "Inner Loop".

Is this the expected behavior that LoopIterationListener expects from a
LoopController?

If I was to write my own custom loop controller and it fired the
LoopIterationEvent on each iteration of "Inner Loop" would that violate the
intended behavior for LoopIterationListener and LoopIterationEvent?

Thanks,

--
Matthew Fremont