jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpClient 4.2.6 : ManagedClientConnectionImpl way of checking stale connection and Performances
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 20:31:56 GMT
Hello,
Profiling JMeter, I noticed an important number of SocketTimeoutException
being triggered without any impact on response status.

I investigated it a bit deeper and find out it affected only HttpClient
implementations.
Looking a bit deeper, it is due to connection stale check which is enabled
by default.
This check sets a timeout to 1ms , see :
- org.apache.http.impl.io.SocketInputBuffer#isDataAvailable
- org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpClientConnection#isStale

I wonder if it's a good idea to keep it enabled by default as with high
number of Threads and throughput it means a huge number of Exception.

HttpClient 3 has same issue.

Regards
Philippe