jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirect encoding issues - new apporach
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:28:29 GMT
We still have not solved all the redirect encoding issues.
This time the problem is that too many characters are being encoded.

At present we massage the Location header when it is received from the server.
This means that failures can potentially affect the current sample, as
well as taking additional processing time.

It occurs to me that it would be better to store the Location header
in the response exactly as received from the server, rather than
trying to fix it up first.

The location would then need to be fixed up (if necessary) as part of
following the redirect.

This corresponds more closely with how we process the initial sample -
in fact we may be able to use much of the same code, which presumably
does not have the excess encoding issue, or we would be getting bug
reports for that as well.

Does that make sense?
If so, I'll make a start on it soon.